5 C.F.R. Part 2638: Executive Branch Ethics Program
Text of Regulation
Part 2638 defines the mission of the executive branch ethics program, which guards against conflicts of interest and protects the integrity of the government’s operations. It also describes the responsibilities of OGE, agency heads, agency ethics officials, and others in relation to the executive branch ethics program. Further, it specifies the requirements for agencies’ ethics education programs. These education requirements include:
- notice to prospective employees of their ethical obligations;
- initial ethics training for new employees;
- individualized ethics briefings for certain agency leaders around the time of appointment;
- notice to new supervisors of their responsibilities with respect to the agency ethics program; and
- annual ethics training for public financial disclosure filers, confidential financial disclosure filers, and certain other employees.
Additionally, part 2638 establishes certain procedures and provides a timeline of key ethics deadlines.